About Amarillo Airport
Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport is located six miles from Amarillo, Texas, United States. The airport was renamed in 2003 after fallen NASA astronaut and Amarillo native Rick Husband, who died in the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster in February of that year.
Amarillo Airport Facts
- AHarold English opened this airport as English Field in 1929.
- In 1952, the name changed to Amarillo Air Terminal.
- In 1976, the airport changed its name to Amarillo International Airport
- Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport comprises 3,547 acres and contains two concrete paved runways
Amarillo Airport Top Destinations
- (DAL) Dallas Love, Southwest
- (DFW) Dallas Ft. Worth, American
- (DEN) Denver, Southwest, United
- (IAH) Houston, United
- (LAS) Las Vegas, Southwest