About Austin-Bergstrom Airport
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (airport code: AUS, formerly BSM) is located in Austin, the capital of Texas. Located about five miles from Downtown Austin.
Austin-Bergstrom Airport Facts
- The airport is named after Captain John August Earl Bergstrom, an officer who served for the 19th Bombardment Group.
- The airport began passenger service on May 23, 1999.
- The flight between Austin and San Jose International Airport is surnamed the "Nerd Bird" because of the concentration of technology companies located at both ends of the route, which include: Sun Microsystems, Dell Computer, Apple Inc. and Hewlett-Packard.
Austin-Bergstrom Airport Top Destinations
- (DFW) Dallas Ft. Worth, American
- (IAH) Houston, United
- (ATL) Atlanta, Delta, Southwest
- (DEN) Denver, Frontier, Southwest, United
- (DAL) Dallas Love, Southwest
- (PHX) Phoenix Sky Harbor, Southwest, US Airways
- (LAX) Los Angeles, American, Southwest, United
- (ORD) Chicago O'Hare, American, United
- (HOU) Houston Hobby, AirTran, Southwest
- (LAS) Las Vegas, Southwest