About Buffalo Niagara Airport
Buffalo Niagara International Airport (airport code: BUF) is located in Cheektowaga,New York. It is named after the Buffalo – Niagara Falls metropolitan area.
Buffalo Niagara Airport Facts
- The Buffalo Municipal Airport opened in 1926 on farmland, making it one of the oldest airports in the country.
- The brand new airport, now renamed The Buffalo-Niagara International Airport opened on November 3, 1997.
- Southwest Airlines, which recently merged and absorbed AirTran Airways into its system, remains the busiest airline at Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
Buffalo Niagara Airport Top Destinations
- (JFK) John F. Kennedy, Delta, JetBlue
- (ATL) Atlanta, AirTran, Delta
- (MCO) Orlando, AirTran, JetBlue, Southwest
- (BWI) Baltimore, Southwest
- (ORD) Chicago O'Hare, American, United
- (CLT) Charlotte, US Airways
- (MDW) Midway, Southwest
- (BOS) Logan, JetBlue, US Airways
- (DTW) Detroit, Delta
- (PHL) Philadelphia, US Airways