About Burbank Bob Hope Airport
Bob Hope Airport (airport code: BUR) is a public use airport located 3 miles from the business district of Burbank, California. Bob Hope Airport is the only airport in the greater Los Angeles area with a direct rail connection to downtown Los Angeles.
The Many Names of Bob Hope Airport
Angeles Mesa Drive Airport (1928–1930)
United Airport (1930–1934)
Union Air Terminal (1934–1940)
Lockheed Air Terminal (1940–1967)
Hollywood-Burbank Airport (1967–1978)
Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport (1978–2003)
Bob Hope Airport (2003–present)
Bob Hope Airport Facts
- On November 11, 2003 the airport authority voted to change the airport's name to Bob Hope Airport in honor of comedian Bob Hope, a longtime resident of nearby Toluca Lake.
- In 2005 the airport celebrated its 75th anniversary.
- Bob Hope Airport covers an area of 610 acres.
Bob Hope Airport Top Destinations
- (OAK) Oakland, Southwest
- (LAS) Las Vegas, Southwest
- (PHX) Phoenix, Southwest
- (SMF) Sacramento, Southwest
- (SJC) San Jose, Southwest
- (SEA) Seattle, Alaska
- (DEN) Denver, Southwest, United
- (JFK) John F. Kennedy, JetBlue
- (SFO) San Francisco, United
- (PDX) Portland, Alaska