About Charlotte/Douglas International Airport
Charlotte Douglas International Airport (airport code: CLT) is located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Charlotte/Douglas International Airport Facts
- In 1930 the city received a $200,000 grant from the Works Progress Administration (WPA) to establish Charlotte's first municipal airport.
- In 1954 the airport was renamed Douglas Municipal Airport after former Charlotte mayor Ben Elbert Douglas, Sr.
- The airport gained its current name in 1982 and is currently US Airways' largest hub.
- In 2009, it was the 9th busiest airport in the United States.
Charlotte/Douglas International Airport Top Domestic Destinations
- (ATL) Atlanta, AirTran, Delta, US Airways
- (LGA) La Guardia, American, Delta, US Airways
- (ORD) Chicago O'Hare, American, United, US Airways
- (DFW) Dallas Ft. Worth, American, US Airways
- (BOS) Boston Logan, JetBlue, US Airways
- (BWI) Baltimore, AirTran, US Airways
- (MCO) Orlando, AirTran, US Airways
- (EWR) Newark, United, US Airways
- (PHX) Phoenix, American, US Airways
- (IAH) Houston, American, United, US Airways