About Dallas Love Field Airport
Dallas Love Field (airport code: DAL) is a city-owned public-use airport located 6 miles northwest of the central business district of Dallas, Texas.
Dallas Love Field Airport Facts
- Love Field was Dallas' primary scheduled airline service facility until 1974 when Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) opened.
- It was opened as a primry pilot training field on October 19, 1917.
- Love Field was opened to civilian use in 1927 when the city of Dallas purchased the land with National Air Transport (forerunner of United Airlines) starting the first passenger service.
Dallas Love Field Airport Top Domestic Destinations
- (HOU) Houston Hobby, Southwest
- (SAT) San Antonio, Southwest
- (AUS) Austin, Southwest
- (KCI) Kansas City, Southwest
- (STL) St. Louis, Southwest
- (MSY) New Orleans, Southwest
- (ABQ) Albuquerque, Southwest
- (LBB) Lubbock, Southwest
- (MAF) Midland, Southwest
- (ELP) El Paso, Southwest