About El Paso International Airport
El Paso International Airport (airport code: ELP) is a public airport located 4 miles NE of the central business district El Paso, Texas.
El Paso International Airport Facts
- The city of El Paso built the 1st El Paso Municipal Airport near the east side of the Franklin Mountains in 1928.
- What became El Paso International Airport was built as Standard Airport by Standard Airlines in 1929 for transcontinental air mail service.
- The current passenger concourses were built in 1971 as part of an expansion that tripled the size of the airport.
El Paso International Airport Top Domestic Destinations
- (DFW) Dallas Ft. Worth, American
- (PHX) Phoenix, Southwest, US Airways
- (DAL) Dallas Love, Southwest
- (LAX) Los Angeles, American, Southwest, United
- (IAH) Houston, United
- (ATL) Atlanta, Delta
- (HOU) Houston Hobby, Delta, Southwest
- (LAS) Las Vegas, Southwest
- (AUS) Austin, Southwest
- (SAT) San Antonio, Southwest