About Spokane International Airport
Spokane International Airport (airport code: GEG) is a commercial airport located about 5 miles west of downtown Spokane, Washington. It is the second largest airport in Washington, processing over 3 million passengers in 2010
Spokane International Airport Facts
- Known as Sunset Field before 1941, it was purchased from the county by the War Department and renamed Geiger Field.
- It was designated Spokane's municipal airport in 1946.
- Renamed Spokane International in 1960, the airport continues to use the airport code GEG, which referred to Geiger Field.
Spokane International Airport Top Domestic Destinations
- (SEA) Seattle Seatac, Alaska
- (DEN) Denver, Frontier, Southwest, United
- (PDX) Portland, Alaska
- (SLC) Salt Lake City, Delta
- (MSP) Minneapolis, Delta
- (PHX) Phoenix, Southwest, US Airways
- (LAS) Las Vegas, Southwest
- (OAK) Oakland, Southwest
- (BOI) Boise, Southwest
- (SFO) San Francisco, United